Friday, August 31, 2012

September 1st, 2012 ChinesePod Profile Update

 This was posted to Blogger on September 15th 2012 at around 600 Beijing time, but I backdated it to when I wrote this.

Updated on September 1st, 2012 -- I started learning Chinese on November 23rd 2008. I have been diligently studying Chinese everyday, haven't missed a day in over a year. Lately, I've been using three means to study: 1. Using Chinesepod, studying lessons in a somewhat haphazard way. If I see a lesson I want to study, I study it. 2.I use Anki, an online flashcard program that I may download for free. With Anki, I focus on pronunciation, Hanzi writing, and intensive vocabulary and sentence reading review. During the academic year, I work with a tutor to improve conversational skills. I also occasionally review my grammar textbook and other resources. In addition to Chinesepod, I also use Nciku, which is a pretty good resource. I think these measures are helping me greatly. I hope to continue to progress. 

 You can keep track of my progress at;

(http://amesbury georgechinesestudy.blogspot.com/) without the spaces or paranthesis. If you do go to that page, I would be interested to know that people are reading it. Feel free to follow the blog, or comment so I know of your presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment