Thursday, May 21, 2015

07 year 25 weeks into study

It has been a long time since I have updated this. I moved back to the United States back in late June of 2014, and since then, haven't been really studying. I have been reviewing almost every day over the past few months, but it has been an effort of simply maintaining the skills I had before. I feel that my Chinese is getting worse because I don't have the same type of environment that I had before, but I do try to talk as often as I can. I have a few Chinese contacts that I can talk to, and usually am able to do so at least once per week.

I am in a process of deciding what direction I want to go in the future in terms of language learning, (and life in general). Recently, I have been working on three languages; Chinese ( trying to maintain), Spanish (have an OK vocab, but no real fluency), and Russian ( a newcomer to the language). I don't know where I want to direct my efforts right now, as I am going through some adjustments in my life outside of language learning.

I have been using two avenues of approach in my Chinese learning.

1. I speak to Chinese people as often as possible. In recent weeks, I have been able to talk to Chinese people 2 - 3 times per week. This is better than it was at the beginning.

2. I still use Anki, but mostly to review (and also vocabulary build for Russian and Spanish)

Thats all for right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment